Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Come Forth as Gold

I like the hope Job has when he says, "...when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10)  Lately, the subject of trials and pain have come up a lot in my life.  It's so difficult while I am going through something hard, and I am in pain, to think, "God has a reason for allowing this to happen to me."  It can be so easy to blame God for the trials in my life.  And it seems silly that I don't immediately turn to Him for comfort and guidance.  Going to God in times of adversity does not necessarily make the bad go away, or make it any easier.  But He is so generous in giving peace, and in strengthening the hope I have that through Him all things are possible.

Probably the most amazing thing is that our Savior has been tempted in every way, felt every kind of adversity, and understands every hurt I feel.  Hebrews 4:15-16 says, "For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."




Today at work, my patience was tried soooo much.  I thought I would implode with impatience.  I would not say that I am very patient in general, but I am pretty good at hiding my impatience.  Not so much today though.  I think everyone could tell that I was at my wit's end.  Thankfully, I have the best and most understanding boss, who is also the most patient person in the history of the world.  A lot of mornings I pray that God give me patience.  Guess what I forgot to pray for today.  It's funny how we realize what God has given us only when we no longer have it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment